OC3PR: Integrating the CPSO Decision-Making for End-of-Life Care Policy and Advanced Care Planning
About this Event
Please join us for the next OC3PR where we will discuss the current College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) policy and how it is being integrated into acute care advanced care planning.
- Dr. Alison Fox-Robichaud, Director of Medical Education and CCRT Head of Service, Hamilton Health Sciences
- Dr. Michael Hartwick, Associate Professor, Departments of Critical Care and Palliative Medicine, CCRT Medical Lead, The Ottawa Hospital
After attending the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the current CPSO End of Life policy, including the history behind its changes and alignment with other provinces.
- Discuss a program to support patients, families and health care providers in navigating treatment plans in the acute care setting at The Ottawa Hospital.
- Integrate this knowledge into end of life care policies at your hospital and discuss the role of critical care.
We invite all multidisciplinary ICU teams to participate and ask that you please share this invite with your colleagues who are involved with critical care. To further share key learning points highlighted during each webinar, we encourage teams to schedule time to debrief and discuss how the information will inform or be incorporated into practices in your hospital. The webinars will also be recorded and made available on the CCSO website along with supporting documentation.
If you have any questions that you would like to submit ahead of the webinar please send these to [email protected] with the subject line “Clinical Webinar Series”.
We look forward to you joining us.
February 1, 2024
2:00PM - 3:00PM ET